Section 7 - Perform Advanced VMware NSX Troubleshooting
- Troubleshoot NSX Manager services
- Download Technical Supports logs from NSX Manager
- Troubleshoot host preparation issues
- Troubleshoot NSX Controller cluster status, roles and connectivity
- Troubleshoot Logical Switch transport zone and NSX Edge mappings
- Troubleshoot Logical Router interface and route mappings
- Troubleshoot distributed and edge firewall implementations
Troubleshoot NSX Manager services:
There are two logs to have a good look at (1) the NSX Manager log and (2) the System log.
These commands are:
- show log manager
- show log system
- show log system follow
Troubleshoot host preparation issues:
- Check the Communication Channel Health. Run this option on either the cluster or host level.
- Check the ESX Agent Manager. This is responsible for automating vSphere agents. Check this from Web Client under vCenter Server Extensions.
Troubleshoot NSX Controller cluster status, roles and connectivity:
- show control-cluster status
- show control-cluster roles
- show control-cluster connections